SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By crazygir
hiya!

I'm in a bit of a rush to get a basic pcb breakout board made for (yet another :P) PSP/NGW100 project, and haven't been successful in locating eagle libraries for the connectors I have (or similarly matched ones)

anyone have (and willing to share..)
1| 0.5mm pitch 4 position FPC/ZIF connector for the PSP LCD backlight
2| 0.5mm 40pin PSP data connector: viewtopic.php?t=8493
3| 1.0mm 4 pos hantouch connector (matched with PSP)

EDIT: is the "molex 1x4" in SFE's eagle library a 0.5mm or 1.0mm pitch connector?

I wish I had more time to experiment and fiddle with eagle, but time for this project is super short :|

thanks!!
By crazygir
<bump>

or suggestions?
By leon_heller
You could have made your own in a fraction of the time you've been waiting. It only takes me a few minutes to do parts like that with the software I use.

Leon
By Philba
hey Leon - you can use the P word.

I agree with what he said. Once you get up to speed on the SW, it's usually pretty easy to make one. Even lowly eagle has a pretty decent part editor.
By leon_heller
It's a pity I can't export footprints from Pulsonix, although it can import designs, footprints etc. from Eagle. I might be able to sell them to lazy Eagle users. 8-)

Leon
By bigglez
Greetings (No First Name Supplied),
crazygir wrote:<bump> or suggestions?
Read this editor tutorial, and give it a go.

If you would like to post your work here someone
will check it for you (there's a lot of EAGLE talent
on this forum).

Comments Welcome!
By crazygir
folks, thanks for your responses

I do realize that building your own part is rather simple for the skilled PCB software user, and I did in fact start off by trying that tuturial bigglez suggested (thanks!) initially.

The problem is of tim;, I recognized that learning the bits of Eagle necessary would push other chunks of work that need to get done, even further out - and I've got little more than 2 weeks to finish what would sanely be done in 5, which is fine.. but I started down the PCB road, and watched it grow longer and longer :)

So I thought asking the community might be worth while.

Thanks for the time,
~Jason