SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By railhead
I've been trying to get a new layout working for the last 2 days, and I just have no idea what to do about it. EVERYTHING looks great -- expect my drill file isn't lining-up with the other data. Here's a screen shot:

Here's my process...

1. Everything is made in Eagle v5.

2. I run the drillcgf.ulp using mm, and drill config window has "T01 0.70mm" in it.

3. I run excellon.cam (not "excellon_rack" with my DRL file loaded). My DRD file content begins with
Code: Select all
%
T01C0.0276
%
T01
X 19334Y 14334
X 34334Y 14334

4. I open ViewMate and use File > Import > Gerber and add my CMP, SOL, STC, STS, and PLC files, and everything looks great.

5. I use File > Import > Drill & Rout and select my DRD file -- then the drills are dumped all over the place, like you see in the pic.

Like I said, I'm at my wit's end with this. What am I doing wrong? How can I get things to line up properly?
By harrison
Try using Import->Directory (Ctrl+F4). I get the same drill file alignment problem when importing the files individually. It works perfectly when I use Import->Directory.
By railhead
I have it figure out, now. I had followed the instructions at Olimex to modify the eagle.def file for greater accuracy, and that was screwing everything up. When I put the original back, everything worked perfectly.