SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Tips and questions relating to the GPS modules from SFE
By xtopher88
I am currently using my EM-406A for an aircraft project and I have found that the GPS does not track higher speed maneuvers where I know it has a view of the sky. I am sure I am exceeding the 4G acceleration limit I have seen on most SiRF III platforms. I have data of the plane quickly landing in the grass and the GPS continuing to move and overshoot then settle to the stationary location in about 15 seconds. Is there a way to change the internal filtering options for this unit or any SiRF III GPS , it appears that the unit is disregarding the new position as noise until it has time to settle and believe it. The other option I can see is that during the flight of 5-8 G maneuvers the model the GPS engine had developed was corrupted by the movement and what I saw was the correction of this model and the path of the flight was slowly diverging from the actual path. Any suggestion of a low cost GPS that will behave well in high G platforms? Would the Lassen IQ be better?
By ckuethe
xtopher88 wrote:Would the Lassen IQ be better?
Lassen iQ and ublox Antaris both have a user-selectable dynamics mode which includes "aircraft"
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]