SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By bigglez
Greetings,

I was given an EAGLE schematic to review. I'd like to extract
the parts to a library (for further examination).

I found a ULP (exp-project-lbr.ulp) to do this, but it fails.

When I run the ULP it complains:
"can't find c:/documents.scr".

Do I have the right ulp for this task (I'm using EAGLE
4.16r2)? Do I need documents.scr to run this ULP?

Comments Welcome! Thanks In Advance!
By Andrew02E
I'm doing this off the top of my head, not as I'm testing it or anything, so hopefully it helps, or it won't help at all.
The exp-project-lbr.ulp creates a script file. The created script file then creates the library with all the parts in the project. I believe the error you're getting comes from a problem with the ULP not being able to find the script file it generated.
Here's what I would try:
Run the exp-project-lbr.ulp. Do the 'collect data' thing (my guess is this generates the script file). When you hit 'create library', it gives you the 'default.scr' error, right? Ignore that for now and close the ULP. Hit the 'SCR' button (or whatever you do to run a script), find the script file the ULP generated (most likely in the same directory as the schematic is was generated from, and named the same too). Run that script and it should generate your library.

Again, I'm doing this off the top of my head, so please let me know how it goes. If it works, great. If not, I'll get on a computer and try something else.
By bigglez
Andrew02E wrote:The exp-project-lbr.ulp creates a script file. The created script file then creates the library with all the parts in the project. I believe the error you're getting comes from a problem with the ULP not being able to find the script file it generated.

Run that script and it should generate your library.
Andrew,

Great! That did it. I agree with your conclusion. I've run the ULP,
ignored the error message, and run the SCR that the ULP created
(which was the missing step for me). Bingo! New library created.
Thanks.

Comments Welcome!