SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By ghsrocketman
hello, so I'm a little new to the operations of DOS (alright, I'm completely new)..

I installed the 3 things GerbMerge told me to, opened a DOS window, and typed in the following:

c:\python24\python c:\python24\lib\site-packages\gerbmerge\gerbmerge.py

some text roll in... and I want to read the help summary, but I can't figure out how. anyone know?

thanks!
By steriana
You have to give GerbMerge a configuration file and layout file. Read the Running GerbMerge section of the documentation. A sample configuration file should have been installed in the C:\Python24\gerbmerge directory.

Also try maximizing your DOS window to see more messages when the program runs.[/url]
By Philba
I think the thing you are missing is you need to go start/run/cmd (or command on win98/ME). Then type the python startup line.

gerbmerge has several files that you edit and the gerbmerge program reads it's commands from them. There is a pretty simple example in the gerbmerge documentation.

It may look intimidating but it turns out to be incredibly easy. just start with the samples and it will become obvious to you. I haven't used it in a while but if you are still having trouble post back here and I'll get back up to speed.