SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By tc2037
All,

Not sure if this is where I should be posting this but, I need a question answered, perhaps someone could help: I need a good source for a general assortment of resistors, like a kit. Also, a source for an assortment of LED's (again, like a kit). Sure, I can spend hours on Newark or Alliedelec's website but I'm sure there is an easier, pre-assembled kit or grab-bag source out there for what I'm looking for. Any Ideas? Anyone
By Tomasu
It may have been a stupid thing to do, but I bought a large bunch of random components via a couple people off ebay. I have thousands of components that I can play with. all sorts of ICs, many many many resistors and capacitors, some modular breadboards. Too bad the first thing I did with my new toys was blow out all my LEDs :roll: gotta learn somehow I guess ;)
By emf
If you're looking for through-hole parts, the Futurlec value packs look very good.
By dattaway
emf wrote:If you're looking for through-hole parts, the Futurlec value packs look very good.
THANK YOU for that link! I've been looking for a few weeks and that even beat what I saw on ebay.
By tc2037
Wow!

emf! That is spot-on, exactly what I was looking for!

Nate (Sparky), is there a way we could make this a sticky, possibly?

Again, cheers emf!

<Edit to include oPossum>

oPossum, definately appreciate it too. Just in case this doesn't work out through the Futurelec website.