SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions about carrier boards have here!
I am confident I am missing something obvious.

I have recently received:

DEV-18710 MicroMod mikroBUS Carrier Board[/list]
DEV-17713 SparkFun MicroMod STM32 Processor
CAB-09215 AVR Programming Cable
PGM-19104 MIKROE mikroProg for STM32
PRT-15363 Header - 2x5 Pin (Female, 1.27mm)
PRT-15362 Header - 2x5 Pin (Male, 1.27mm)

After receiving the kit and reading the 'Getting Started' guide a few dozen times I followed these steps below:

I have soldered the 2x5 header to the jtag position on the Micromod carrier board
Installed the STM32 processor
Tested my connections about 10 times
Connected the board to power via a USB C cable
Connected the mikroProg via the jtag connector

I get the indicator light on the mikroProg that I have USB connection. I see the USB connection on the computer. But I never see the 'Active' light or 'Data' light.

I have not been able to get either MikroProg Suite or Codegrip to recognize the microprocessor. I believe I've double checked that I have the ST link drivers but maybe missing something.

I'm feeling a bit over my head, any help is appreciated.
YellowDog wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:47 am Where did you put the header? From the pin 1 designator it looks like the header should be on the bottom of the board rather than the top.
I found the header configuration confusing based on the pinout vs the photos. I have a male header and a female header. It appears if I had used the female header then I would have ended up wiht a configuration as described on the website. However I used the male header and I am connecting from the top. Still, I'm follow pin 1 on the header to pin 1 on the AVR connector that came wiht the MikroProg. I've been making the assumption that was OK.

So perhaps I need remove the header and either install it from the bottom or just use the female header. I was hoping to avoid getting the heat after the board again.
Thank you @YellowDog, you have moved me along a bit.

--- I have successfully connected to and programed the STM32 using a USB C cable and Arduino IDE.
--- I have researched driver issues and made sure I am up to date on the STM32 drivers and the ST-Link drivers.
--- mikroProg Suite for ARM will detect the the MCU

I am still unable to connect through CodeGrip or Necto.

I'm still thinking it's a driver issue but I'm very open to suggestions.

Still head scratching on this one.
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum