SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Hardware or product specific questions are best asked here.
By bdrballard
I am having problems interfacing the DE-2120 with the Redboard Artemis. I am able to run the DE-2120 sample code on a UNO with no problems. I have used this same Redboard in evaluating a number of other devices (sensors) and had no problems. The DE-2120 sample code will not compile for the Redboard. I receive the error "fatal error: SoftwareSerial.h: No such file or directory
#include "SoftwareSerial.h"

I don't need SoftwareSerial because of the extra serial ports available on the Redboard. Also, SoftwareSerial seems to be a problem on the Redboard. However, I'm not quite sure how to approach this problem and don't know if it is a library issue. I'd appreciate some insight on how to make the Redboard interface with the Barcode Scanner.

Thanks,

Dan
Indeed library version 2.x.x does not have software serial. Version 1.2.3 has. This is include is happening in the DE2120 driver. You would need to change the header file and cpp file on a number of places.

I have worked in the recent past on a software serial implementation for Artemis. It does work, has some limitations. However in this case it does not matter as you use hardware serial. You can find the documentation, source and installation instructions on https://github.com/paulvha/apollo3/tree ... wareSerial.
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum