SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions about carrier boards have here!
By bvernham
Plug it in and get the LED to blink but no USB communications. I tried two USBC cords with work with my cell phone so they are OK I just get no communication.

Plugged ATP/Teensy a second Micromod Teensy/ATP...no problem.

Tried reseating the the Teensy in #1 ATP board. Didn't help.

I swapped the processor between boards thinking on would work and one would not well wrong. Now both work????

Wierd. Could be the edge connector tolerance vs the ATP connector tolerance?

Swapped the the boards and the original combination will not communicate. Swap them back and it works fine.

Seems to be a mechanical interfacing issue between the processor edge connector and the ATP board connector?

Weird!

Thoughts?

Possibly good old header pins are more reliable.

Thanks
By TS-Russell
That would be my guess...that the non-working combo has some small physical pin mis-match/poor connection. Good job on swapping them - that's what we'd try 1st ;-)

Let us know if it gives you any more issues!
By bvernham
TS-Russell wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:57 pm That would be my guess...that the non-working combo has some small physical pin mis-match/poor connection. Good job on swapping them - that's what we'd try 1st ;-)

Let us know if it gives you any more issues!
I would think someone would want the non-working combo back to figure out if this is a parts or manufacturing issue?

So that bad parts are no continued to be made.

Or not.

Thanks

Bruce
By TS-Russell
Not for isolated incidents...there are many factors that may influence a lack of interplay in the received/in-hand product that may not involve any of our in-house processes.

Our concern is to ensure you have a working combo/version, and keep track if we see any more similar cases for these 2 products :-)
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum