SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about SparkFun's ALC PCB design services? Post them here!
By chris.guglielmelli
Setup base station in a location that does not have access to satellites (base station would be 0,0,0)
Rover sensor physically attached to Giger counter (Giger counter has RS232 9 pin output)
As Rover moves and records location, have the output of Giger counter value appended to X,Y,Z string in a text file.

And

Setup base station in a location that DOES have access to satellites
Rover sensor physically attached to Giger counter (Giger counter has RS232 9 pin output)
As Rover moves and records location, have the output of Giger counter value appended to X,Y,Z string in a text file.
By chris.guglielmelli
I see that the RTK Surveyor has two external data ports at J2 and J12

I would like to send the Geiger Counter information to one of these ports and append it to the positioning information at the rover prior to sending the data to the base station. Then, save it to the SD card. Otherwise I would have to have an Aurdrino configuration to append and send.

Any thoughts?
By jremington
I don't have any experience with the RTK surveyor, but a couple of hours spent learning to use the very reasonably priced and complete C94-M8P RTK kit was enough to determine that achieving your goal would be a rather trivial task with it.

https://www.u-blox.com/en/product/c94-m8p

Extremely comprehensive review and performance test here: https://www.calvert.ch/maurice/2017/08/ ... valuation/

An Arduino attached to the rover module and a Geiger counter could store timestamp, position and count data on an SD card, with very few lines of code. The built in radio link is reported to work with up to about 20 km separation between rover and base (line of sight, of course).
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum