SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Everything with the AmbiqSuite SDK tools and software are welcome here.
By Ahsank
I had tried sd card library from Arduino and it seems to be working fine. Actually i need to place a new binary recevied thorugh BLE to sd card and then need to copy new code through bootloader app to flash memory.
please guide.
By TS-Chris
Unfortunately the bootloader does not support loading code from a SD card. :-(
By aqibMalik
Its based on arduino IDE, dont we have any example inside SDK based on am_hal_mspi.c, i can see Flash and TFT display libraries based on SPI available.
By TS-Chris
It doesn't look like we have a SD library for our fork of the Ambiq SDK, you might try checking with Ambiq directly, it's possible they have something you could use.
By Ahsank
I have developed SD libraries using SPI interface and FAT-FS with Ambique (Artemis ATP board).
SD card interface is working properly (no issue at all).
Now when I read data from SD card and store that data in Flash memory , flash writing is working as required but after writing data to flash , SD card do not unmounted ( got stuck in the mount function ).
Now when i reset the system the SD card is unable to mount.
By Isabellan
I am considering this platform for my next project.
Just wonder if SD card functionality is already supported or will that be in the close future?
By Paucek
My project is currently based on the MAX32630FTHR board that also has an SD-card slot.
I am logging data at about 500Hz sampling rate that yields up to 100MB data per day.
Turns out that board has an SPI implementation that impacts the transfer rate quite much (~70 KB/sec), thus data transfer takes hours if i connect that board to my PC (USBMSD).

However if i remove the card from the board and put it directly in the pc, i can copy the same amount of data in just some seconds... This is a huge bottleneck in real IoT as we either have ease of use (card does not need to be removed from the IoT device) or great transfer speed but that needs a different HW design as the sd card needs to be removed to copy the data

So i wish you will end up with an SD (and not SPI) implementation ;-)
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum