SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Hardware or product specific questions are best asked here.
By kevin_s
Been trying to integrate the Himax HMB010 camera with the Artemis Dev Kit but not having any luck on the software side. Been playing with the Arduino IDE and driver for the Himax but as soon as the Artemis Dev Kit tries to start the camera it halts.

Has anyone tried this combination? I know the camera and board can be purchased as a kit so I assume it would work, but there is no code examples for them working together.

TIA,

Kevin
By TS-Russell
Thanks for reaching out to us on this.

Please ensure the correct processor is selected (Board -> Apollo3 -> Artemis MicroMod) and the correct COM port being used by your PC for it.

Then be sure to install the HM01B0 library https://github.com/sparkfun/SparkFun_HM ... inoLibrary

Finally, attempt again...and report back if you have more trouble.

Hope this helps, and happy sparking!
By kevin_s
Although I'm using the Artemis Dev Kit (DEV-16828), I took your advice and selected the Boards > Sparkfun Apollo3 > Sparkfun Artemis MicroMod and then tried to compile the Example1_StopMotion example from the Himax library. I got a bunch of compile errors. I've attached the output.

I can compile and upload the same sketch when the Edge board is selected with no problems. I tried exporting the sketch binary and using it to flash the Dev Kit. It flashes with no errors, but the sketch halts after starting the camera when trying to calibrate it.

I've attached the sketch (renamed with txt extension) as well.

Thanks!

Kevin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By kevin_s
If I comment out the auto-calibrate code and then just try to capture, it halts at that point instead. So basically it will load the camera but can't use it.
By kevin_s
And if I use the Artemis Dev Kit board and compile, I get the following error:

c:/users/test/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/sparkfun/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/8-2018-q4-major/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/8.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: sketch\Example1_StopMotion.ino.cpp.o: in function `__static_initialization_and_destruction_0':
C:\Users\test\Documents\Arduino\artemis\Example1_StopMotion/Example1_StopMotion.ino:39: undefined reference to `hm01b0_cfg'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
exit status 1
Error compiling for board SparkFun Artemis Dev Kit.
By TS-Russell
Thanks for reaching out to us on this.

This is something our team is working to correct for the library references.

The best suggestion we currently have for these issue(s) is to follow along with this specific version of the guide: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/us ... plications , which we have recently verified as functional (it's a different carrier board, but that part is modular)...perhaps this can get the ball rolling for your project.

Hope this helps, and happy sparking!
By kevin_s
I'm sorry but the Edge board is not sufficient for our needs. We need additional I2C and SPI connections for other sensors. We will have to find another solution.
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum