SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions about processor boards have here!
By tannewt
Hi! It shouldn't be hard to add SAMD51 MicroMod support to CircuitPython because we already have SAMD51 support. The tutorial to add a new board for it is here: https://learn.adafruit.com/how-to-add-a ... cuitpython

The Artemis and ESP32 chips are not supported by CircuitPython because they both lack native USB support. This prevents the USB storage device functionality that people expect with CircuitPython.
By fos1
Thank you for the link. I prefer MicroPython but CircuitPython is a good alternative as a derivative.

After receiving the development board and SAMD51 processor, I will give it a go and report back here.
By wonder_boom
Hey! I am currently working on Circuity Python support. I guess it would be more accurate to say that I'm about 90% of the way through and will be able to get some version of it released by the end of the week at the latest ( I do still have other priorities). I'll update here when it's finished!
By dbl_gauss
Just posting to follow the conversation.

I ordered one of the SAMD51 processors and the ATP carrier. If you figure out instructions for flashing with either of Micro Python or Circuit Python, I'd be happy to try it out and report back.
By TS-Chris
I'm not 100% certain but I think it's the following:

vid.0=0x1B4F
pid.0=0x0020

vid.1=0x1B4F
pid.1=0xF020

My guess is one set is for a bootloader and the other is for the firmware but I'm not sure.
Hope this helps!
By stonehippo
TS-Chris wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:00 pm I'm not 100% certain but I think it's the following:

vid.0=0x1B4F
pid.0=0x0020

vid.1=0x1B4F
pid.1=0xF020

My guess is one set is for a bootloader and the other is for the firmware but I'm not sure.
Hope this helps!
Thanks, TS-Chris. 0x0020 seems likely, since the PID for the nRFs seem to start with 0x021.
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum