SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Hardware or product specific questions are best asked here.
By sr205347d
Everything was working well. Then I updated the firmware, apparently successfully. I got the "Upload complete!" message.

But now, the SD card and the IMU are "offline." I removed the SD card, and all the files were there, but I formatted it anyway. That didn't help. The PWR LED no longer illuminates, and it says: "ICM-20948 failed to init." (Whatever that means.) I am using Tera Term.

Please tell me I didn't just kill another one of these.
Screenshot 2021-03-28 165715.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By PaulZC
Hi,
I take it you updated using the binary file? Please make sure you used the correct version for your board.
If you have the red SparkFun version, you need to use the OpenLog_Artemis-V10-v19.bin binary.
If you have the older black SparkX version, you need OpenLog_Artemis-X04-v19.bin.
If you compiled the firmware from source, let me know as there are extra things to check.
Best wishes,
Paul
By sr205347d
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I used X04 when I should have used V10.

Easy fix. All good now.
By sr205347d
Well, it was all good for a moment.

It seems to be operating OK, but I can't see the datalog files on the SD card using Tera Term. The dir command returns nothing. But the files are there, and can be downloaded using Zmodem. See the screenshot:
Screenshot 2021-03-29 101537.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By PaulZC
I must admit I'm struggling to think of a reason why DIR/LS doesn't work but ZMODEM transfer does...
Can you please check that the SD card is formatted with FAT32?
Also, can you please tell me if you are using Tera Term to communicate over USB or the TX/RX Serial pins?
I'm pretty sure I tested the DIR/LS code thoroughly using both USB and TX/RX but it is possible I might have missed something.
The code is here if you're interested. Serial is the USB connection, SerialLog is the TX/RX pins:
https://github.com/sparkfun/OpenLog_Art ... #L267-L270
Thanks,
Paul
By sr205347d
Yes, FAT32, and USB. I just pulled the SD card and it looks normal:
Screenshot 2021-03-29 150734.png
By sr205347d
Well, after a rest and another format, it seems OK now:
Screenshot 2021-03-29 152746.png
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum