SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about SparkFun's ALC PCB design services? Post them here!
By adam.g
Hi folks,

There have been a number of really great suggestions for the À La Carte (ALC) on this forum.

I'm really interested to know: are there are any future plans to allow users to control power to specific blocks of ALC designs? For example, u-blox GNSS receivers and microSD cards are power-hungry beasts that require external circuitry to be powered-off.

Also, powering ALC designs appears to be currently limited to either USB or LiPo. I believe I saw a suggestion to add step-down voltage regulator blocks, which I agree would be a super idea. This would benefit users by allowing them to use power sources that exceed the 6 V voltage range of the AP2112 regulator (e.g. 12 V lead-acid).

Cheers,
Adam
By gDFfRc7VvzfYydHP
+1, that would be really helpful to be able to switch blocks on and off to be power effective, and having a possibility for installing a "stabilitzed 3.3V" and a "stabilized 5.0V" power rail, each of them fed from the battery input through a dedicated step up step down buck converter, would be great, as this would eliminate all kind of power issues :) .
By mathygreen
Also, powering ALC designs appears to be currently limited to either USB or LiPo. I believe I saw a suggestion to add step-down voltage regulator blocks, which I agree would be a super idea. This would benefit users by allowing them to use power sources that exceed the 6 V voltage range of the AP2112 regulator (e.g. 12 V lead-acid).
By gDFfRc7VvzfYydHP
Agree with the regulator. I think using even a step up step down regulator, so that one also can power from single cell batteries, would be great.
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum