SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Hardware or product specific questions are best asked here.
By KenCMiller
Trying to use an AdaFruit 2.8” TFT resistive touch display on a Redboard Artemis.
Receive an error when compiling indicating that pins_arduino.h cannot be found.
Adafruit_ILI9341.cpp(for the display) has an include for that file that isn’t getting resolved.
Initial investigation has left me confused (it appears “variants” are somehow now involved but weren’t before?)
How do I get this to work and where can I find out more about why?
Thanks,
Ken M.
By TS-Chris
I imagine something in the library for your display isn't playing nicely with the Artemis but I don't know enough about the inner workings of the Arduino IDE to know exactly where the issue is coming from. You might need to have something like an Uno drive the display and pass data from an Artemis to the Uno to process.
By erich.c
Hi Ken,
I realize it's been quite a while since your original post, but I was wondering if you ever figured it out? I'm running into the same issues and it looks like the files are just not there in the path. I think it has something to do with the Artemis' board files being incomplete or something, but when I moved an identically named file from another folder into the library, it was able to move on to another error, which is at least some progress.
Please let me know if you found a solution that doesn't involve ripping random files from other directories and pasting them into the ILI9341 library folder.
Thanks,
Erich
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum