SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions about processor boards have here!
By WNBWZRD
Hi, im in the process of designing a stm32H7 board, i chose the only h7 that was available from jlcpcb at the time (STM32H743VIT6) , was a couple of weaks ago, might have changed now...

The problem is that the STM32H743VIT6 in lqfp100 package is a bit to big for the standard micromod outline, so i decided to make it a bit larger, i will mostly use this with my own carrier board. but could there be any problems with this "enlargement" ?
stmh7micrimod.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By TS-Chris
Don't see any reasons off the bat that would cause any issues, you just need to make sure there are no tall components on the carrier board that would get in the way.

For example, the MicroMod Machine Learning Carrier Board has a SD socket to the left of the processor module socket and I believe it's short enough for a processor board to clear it but if the SD socket was taller, you'd definitely have issues.
By WNBWZRD
thx!

Tbh i just wish some BGA wizards would step in and create a stm32h7 board without any size changes to the micromod, but well see... maybe i should try :)
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum