SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Hardware or product specific questions are best asked here.
Hi,

I just bought a couple of the Artemis Global Trackers modules. However, it seems that they come without the supercapacitors.

1) This is a bit sad, as these are not mentioned in the list of "essential products". This is mentioned lower down in the text, but may be a bit easy to miss if reading a bit fast. Would it be possible to add the mention of the super capacitors in the "essential products" session?

One more thing about these capacitors: it is written that these should be 10F, 2.7V. I cannot find supercapacitors with such speccing from Sparkfun, the closest I get is these, but I guess they will not like at all the 2.7V part of it :(

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/746

2) Do you think it would be possible for sparkfun to source / sell supercapacitors that meet the needs?

Thanks!
Yes, many thanks for the explanations, and I see that the doc has been updated :)

I still wonder though if it would be useful to have the super capacitors available for buying - maybe some use cases would need them. I think the batteries I plan to use should be powerful enough to do without, but I wonder if I would like better to be on the safer side and have supercaps mounted :) .
Hi JR,

The bigger capacitors probably won't help if you're running from batteries. You only need them if you plan to reduce the charge current to 60mA - e.g. for solar-powered applications. And they will of course take ten times longer to charge.

If you search for Bussmann HV1030-2R7106-R you will find them.

Best wishes,
Paul
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum