SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Topics pertaining to the Arduino Core & software used with the Artemis module and Artemis development boards.
By prasannaa_d
Hi,
I have used ArduinoBLE library version 1.1.3 which is the latest one. I get the error message as below when compiled. I have also installed the extension for Artemis boards.

WARNING: library ArduinoBLE claims to run on samd, megaavr, mbed architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on apollo3 architecture(s).
In file included from C:\Users\Prasannaa\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoBLE\src/ArduinoBLE.h:26,
from C:\Users\Prasannaa\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoBLE\examples\Peripheral\LED\LED.ino:18:
C:\Users\Prasannaa\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoBLE\src/BLETypedCharacteristics.h:60:61: error: 'word' was not declared in this scope
class BLEWordCharacteristic : public BLETypedCharacteristic {
^~~~
C:\Users\Prasannaa\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoBLE\src/BLETypedCharacteristics.h:60:65: error: template argument 1 is invalid
class BLEWordCharacteristic : public BLETypedCharacteristic {
^
exit status 1
Error compiling for board SparkFun Artemis Thing Plus.
By paulvha
Do you use the Sparkfun library 2.0.2 or the older 1.2 version?
By manitou
I experienced same compile errors when trying to build LED example from ArduinoBLE lib for sparkfun artemis micromod. What "Sparkfun library 2.0.2" ?? Does sparkfun have example BLE sketch for artemis micromod? ArduinoBLE lib is v1.1.3
By manitou
I added new json file and installed 2.0.2 with boards manager. I could compile the BLE lib LED example, but upload failed on 1.8.12 and on 1.8.13 ... and I couldn't upload any sketch !!
I reverted back to 1.2.1 for apollo3 and i still can't upload ANY sketch to artemis micromod board !
Artemis SVL Bootloader
Target failed to enter bootload mode. Verify the right COM port is selected and that your board has the SVL bootloader.

dang

using SVL ttyUSB0 @115200
By manitou
i couldn't get BLE LED example to upload with ambiq (3 tries, upload fails) and 2.0.2. I removed apollo3 json and reverted to 1.2.1 with ambiq and I can now upload my old sketches ...

so what is recommend to get BLE LED example to work? 1.8.12 only ? ambiq (baud doesn't matter?) i'm using Arduino's latest BLE lib. i notice sparkfun has a fork of that lib, but it didn't help.
By KHE
It works 1.8.13 with 2.02 on Artemis Nano. One other thing to try with that configuration is to:
Tools | Programmer: "Ambiq Secure Bootloader"
Tools | Burn Bootloader

That re-writes the Ambiq Secure Bootloader which can get screwed up in some scenarios.

Now try upload with Ambiq Secure Bootloader.
By manitou
I made some progress with 2.0.2, ambiq, and 1.8.13 (seems to upload better when USB is not through a hub). LED example loaded and ran, maybe, nothing printed on serial monitor, and not sure if my iphone is seeing a BLE device. I notice that enableBurstMode() (for 96mhz) is not defined in 2.0.2 --- is there another way for 96 mhz.
By KHE
for Nano had to comment out line in file to get Serial.print to work:

Fix for Nano not printing with Serial.print
in file: 2.02/variants/SFE_ARTEMIS_NANO/variant.cpp

comment out line: Serial1(SERIAL1_TX, SERIAL1_RX);
Edge2 variant.cpp does not have this line and prints fine. 115200 works better than 9600 which looses char's.

Don't know about your board and what kind of UART chip it has...but worth a try if your variant has that line for Serial.print prob's.
By KHE
just checked, that line is not present in your board's varian.cpp file...so...maybe you need to add it?

should look like:

UART Serial1(SERIAL1_TX, SERIAL1_RX);
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum