SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions about processor boards have here!
By Fremsley
I like the idea of being able to switch between processors and a carrier board, but the examples are not good enough to really get a jump start on using this system. For example I wanted to use the SAMD51 board with the display TFT carrier board, but the example code was for the ESP32. It did not work out of the box. Fortunately I hedged my bets ant bought all of the processors and I got it to work.

My question is how to read the pin outs for say the LED and micro SD card so that I can use the full functionality of the processor and indeed the board? I have found the example code very lacking for Micromod.
By YellowDog
I think these just launched, more examples and code will probably be coming in the future.
By Fremsley
Yes I understand this, but it is very painful to work this out for myself. It is clear that the developer of the example code could have done a little more to make this better for everyone. Don't want to seem negative. This is a great product!
By TS-Brandon
Thank you for your feedback. MicroMod is a new ecosystem that we've launched. There are plenty of new discoveries and adventures that awaits us. We dipped our toes into the ecosystem world with our Qwiic Ecosystem. We've learned a lot from it and we are looking forward to learning so much more with MicroMod. I will notify our internal teams about your suggestion for future support.

We sincerely appreciate your time and feedback. Thank you!
By Fremsley
I have managed to get the MicroSD card reading and writing working using pin 5. Some minor issues with having to put a slash in the filename, but all is good.

Now onto the LEDs which does not seem to be so clear. I have seen some examples for the APA102 and I assume that I should use FastLED for this. Perhaps this weekend will come up with a solution.
By wonder_boom
Sorry about the problems with The Input and Display Carrier Board. I had not added some variable names to the SAMD51 Processor Board variant files that other Engineers had for their Processor Boards (e.g. ESP32 Processor Board). I have since added them and it now works. Please see this post for more information: viewtopic.php?f=181&t=54156
Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:09 am.
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum