SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions about carrier boards have here!
By PJS
MicroMod Input and Display Carrier Board, with ESP32, 2.4" TFT,
HyperDisplay 4DLCD-320240...

Examples compile and run but does not show any text from the print functions. I must have missed something?

Thanks,
Pj
By Fremzley
I am experiencing the same issue, but with a SAMD51 processor. I assumed that it would be a simple change out for the pin numbers. The example does not compile for me because D0 etc are not defined. What I would like to see is examples for each processor type. I am also using Linux instead of Windows and I am not convinced that this road has been traveled.

Note if you ever have issues with the ESP32 and it does not find the eptool.py, then hard code it in the platform.txt.
By cameron.lemmon
Fremzley wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:30 pm I am experiencing the same issue, but with a SAMD51 processor. I assumed that it would be a simple change out for the pin numbers. The example does not compile for me because D0 etc are not defined. What I would like to see is examples for each processor type. I am also using Linux instead of Windows and I am not convinced that this road has been traveled.

Note if you ever have issues with the ESP32 and it does not find the eptool.py, then hard code it in the platform.txt.
I had the same issue with my ESP32 processor board "D0 not defined" until I added the "SparkFun ESP32 Boards" in the Boards Manager. Looking there, it looks like there's also a "SparkFun SAMD Boards" that might help you out. Once I updated my boards, I was able to select a "SparkFun ESP32 MicroMod" board, and the D0 and D1 errors went away.
By Fremsley
Fortunately, I bought the ESP32 processor and with some manipulation I have gotten the display to work. Seemed to be easier to change it out than wait! Looking forward to everything working pretty soon.
By wonder_boom
Hey everyone,

There shouldn't be any reason that these two shouldn't work together, but what I am noticing is that my fellow engineer and myself didn't coordinate on using the same terminology with regards to this product. One of the first things I noticed from the Github link that I responded to is that terms like "D0" will not work with the SAMD51, but "0" will. You can do a

#define D0 0
#define D1 1
or
int D0 = 0;
int D1 = 1;

...or replace all instances of "D" related pins with just their numerical counterpart. If you're using a different processor board with any carrier board just double check that you have the correct pins declared. For example A3 is PWM1 (buzzer pin) on the SAMD51 Processor Board. We did our best to thoroughly test all Carrier boards with every Processor Board, but unfortunately these two didn't get a chance to meet before launch.

I'll be getting the Input and Display Carrier board over the weekend, and I'll get to testing it on Monday.

Thanks for your patience, please respond here if the fixes I linked above did or did not help.
By wonder_boom
Hey everyone! I hadn't added some variable names that are used in the other Micromod pin definitions. I have added them and pushed them to our latest SparkFun SAMD release: 1.8.0. Here's a screen shot of the default example code compiling in the Arduino IDE:
samd51_compile.png
Sorry to make you all jump through hoops to get that to work, thanks for your patience.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By DireGhost
I too am failing to get the display to show text. The other display functions work but the text will not show. Any advice on how to fix this?

Note: the example 3 for text display compiles just fine on my esp32. the code executes successfully but the text won't show.
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum