SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

What are we doing right with Artemis? What are we doing wrong? Let us know here!
By vinthewrench
I was unable to bootload my Artemis readboards using 2.0.1 SDK (on osx) and had to spend quite a bit of time downgrading to 1.2.
I am unable to even see the mac serial port now too - even after restart so artemis_svl fail too.

I tried this even with a fresh Artemis readboard
By vinthewrench
so I have two Artemis readboards that wont show up as a /dev/cu.usbserial-xxxx and one that does. It seems that whatever the bootloader did broke the serial upload. In the meantime I overnight ordered a few more boards. I dont dare touch the only onw I have that works and i HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO USE THE V2 SDK. until it is reliable.
By vinthewrench
OK so here is my question.. HOW do I restore my Artemis redboards so that they can be programmed by the bootloader..

remember I am on osx?
By vinthewrench
Ok so the after reinstalling the 1.2 SDK I was able to get the old artemis_svl to run by installing the CH34X drivers.
sigh.. I would have loved to use the v2 SDK.. but it's really not ready yet.

keep working on it folks
By Santa_Impersonator
I just used the 2.1.1 release of the Arduino core, it seems to work a lot faster when "reloading" previously compiled code (i.e. uploading a second time w/ no changes).
By paulvha
The V2.X version from Sparkfun (NOT the AmbiqSuite SDK) is slower in compilation and provides indeed a (much) larger binary than the V1 version. The size of the binary also means a longer upload time. The reason is that V2.X is built on top of MBED which results in a larger code. The big advantage with V2.x is Bluetooth support, but it had its issues and many have been solved in the meantime.
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum