SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Tips, tricks, & best best practices using Artemis with your board designs.
By TheDitis
Hello, I bought a couple of the Artemis Redboard Nano boards, hoping to make some BLE midi controllers. What I didn't know when I bought them was that there was no support for BLE and that there is an incredibly high barrier to designing any custom BLE applications. I did some looking and I saw this thread: viewtopic.php?p=218070#p218070 where someone posted about 5 months ago that compatibility with the ArduinoBLE.h lib was in the works and coming soon, and I haven't been able to find anything posted since about this. It seems like the potential for these boards is really high, but I definitely don't have time to learn everything there is to know about how Bluetooth works to build it from scratch. It would be awesome to start using these things. Is this still in the works? Is there a good estimate of when that might be released if so? Thanks!

Ryan
By liquid.soulder
Hi Ryan - you are in luck. Yes it is still in the works - it has been the primary focus of the SparkFun software team that entire time. Hoping to release by the end of the month. Stay tuned
By TheDitis
YAAAY! That's amazing! Thanks for the quick response. I'm really excited to hear that. I'll keep my eye out for updates!
By TheDitis
Hey, just checking back to see if I should still be keeping an eye out for this, and also checking to find out where I would even check to see once it has been released. I have been Googling periodically, but I feel like it might not show up in top results right away.
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum