SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Hardware or product specific questions are best asked here.
I just purchased the Arduino Redboard Artemis as an upgrade from my Arduino Redboard Uno and cannot get the board to appear in the "Boards" section of my Arduino program.

I have installed the CH340 drivers and am successfully receiving the USB-Serial CH340 in my Device Manager. I have tried this on both my Macbook Pro and my Windows 10 PC but am unable to ever see the Arduino Artemis listed under boards. I did not have this issue with my Arduino Uno.

Do i just need to keep troubleshooting it?
You could have a conflict in the board manager. I've seen this happen with our ESP32 board definitions, which is part of the reason why we handed that of to Espressif. Essentially, the Arduino IDE couldn't handle multiple definitions of the same board (from SparkFun and Espressif) and even if the board definitions were installed, they might or might not show up in the list of boards. Often, this would occur for users with multiple versions of the Arduino IDE.

The only way I was able to easily resolve the issue was to uninstall the Arduino IDE and manually delete the folder containing the board definitions... aka go for a clean slate. It sounds like this could be a similar case.
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum