SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Topics pertaining to the Arduino Core & software used with the Artemis module and Artemis development boards.
By ZeusX
Hello,

Anyone know how I can see the serial console over bluetooth? From my laptop of iPhone

Please share any code or link...

Thanks in advance!
By KansasBot
Are you asking about displaying messages received over Bluetooth from a separate device? If so you can process the incoming BLE message and then display it using Serial commands.
By ZeusX
Thanks for your answer.

No, I want to connect the serial console over BT instead of connect serial cable TX-RX.

I try to debug the Artemis over BT because I cant connect any serial cable to the BOX...

There is any option to do that ?

Thanks in advanced.
By liquid.soulder
There is no BT SPP profile in BLE as there was in classic BT. So it probably won't work exactly the way that you are expecting. However what you can do is create a custom service with TX and RX characteristics. These can act like endpoints for sending and receiving data one byte at a time much like wired Serial. It is easier than ever to write BLE apps on phones, computers, etc... try looking at the WebBluetooth API
By ZeusX
Thanks for your answer!

Do you know where I can find code that send over BT the serial output so I can see it on my Mac?
By liquid.soulder
We don't have any good examples of that right now but keep your eyes out over the next month - big things coming
By ZeusX
liquid.soulder wrote:We don't have any good examples of that right now but keep your eyes out over the next month - big things coming
Any update here maybe?
By darrell_6of6
Anxiously awaiting some improved BLE infrastructure. ( I find the Example8_BLE_LED example quite ... obtuse, and non-Arduino-like. Am I the only one to think so?)
By darrell_6of6
Thank you for the quick response, but (embarassingly) I have to admit I am not sure how to make use of this git preview branch. Do you have an ETA for 2.0 release? Thanks!
By liquid.soulder
I have a rough ETA of September. We are targeting the 9th right now. Hang in there, thanks for the patience!
By ArizonaClark
I hope you'll give us a "heads up" when it's actually available. When I saw the Blog post on the Artemis DK I updated to the Sparkfun Apollo3 v. 1.2.0, and also installed the ArduinoBLE library, but when I looked at "Examples" (with the Redboard Artemis selected as "board") I find that the BLE examples are listed under "INCOMPATIBLE", and won't compile. (I even tried my own, just #include <ArduinoBLE.h> and a "BLE.begin();" in the setup() function, and it won't compile either.) Based on the comments in the LedControl example, I installed the stuff to use an Aduino MKR WiFi 1010 (I don't have any SAMD based boards, so never installed any into the IDE). Both routines will compile for the Arduino MKR WiFi 1010, but as I said, give compatibility errors when compiled for the RBA.
By Santa_Impersonator
In case you haven't seen the announcement... the updated Apollo3 Arduino core is live with full support of the ArduinoBLE library!
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum