SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Topics pertaining to the Arduino Core & software used with the Artemis module and Artemis development boards.
By jugglerY2K
I'm looking to transition to Artemis boards for a mechatronics task, and currently use Paul Stoffregen's encoder library extensively. I've been using an Adafruit Metro M0 with success, but need more interrupt pins so am moving to Artemis ATP.

It looks like the Artemis chips aren't yet supported by the encoder library. I'd put in the request myself, but frankly I'm not sure what the board designation should be (Cortex-M4F, ARM, SAMD, etc).

I think it's just updating this pin listing from the encoder library with a new entry for the Atemis base boards: https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/Encod ... upt_pins.h

Do you mind submitting the request, or else let me know the conditional and pin assignments to request?

Thanks!
By davere
For what it's worth... I've been working on an encoder, myself, after having some (not yet root caused) issues with Qwiic Twists. I ended up stealing Nathan Seidle's code for the Twist firmware, and implemented a seemingly working encoder with it. I had to hardware debounce the encoder - took me a frustratingly long period of time to figure that out, but after that, it works like a champ.

I know that doesn't give you support for Paul Stoffregen's Encoder library, but I'd be happy to share the code as a starting point, if you'd find it helpful? It's not exactly what I'd call finished code at the moment, but you're welcome to it.
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum