SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Topics pertaining to the Arduino Core & software used with the Artemis module and Artemis development boards.
On the Sparkfun page on designing with Artemis, the recommended method to switch from Ambiq Bootloader to SVL is to use an example project: Artemis_Bootloader. However, this example is no longer available in the current version of the Artemis Boards. Also, the Tools -> Burn Bootloader function keeps failing. Is there a current method to re-burn the SVL?

I'm on a macOS 10.15, with a BlackBoard Artemis Nano.
I used the AmbiqSDK to make bootload to an Edge2 example tensor_flow_micro_speech. After completion, I was unable to upload any other example as my COM port was busy. I fixed by uploading using the Ambiq Bootloader with make bootload_asb for the hello_world_uart which was successful and did free up the COM port. BUT...now the make bootload_svl would not work. I also tried Arduino blink example with current (16) revision. Failed. I found a readme under the Arduino path to the version 1.0.16/bootloaders/artemis/!artemis_svl

Usage:
=====
This source code is provided mostly for reference. The easiest way to upload the SVL is by using the Arduino "burn bootloader" tool and selecting "Ambiq Secure Bootloader" as the "Programmer" option.

If you want to make changes you can compile and upload the artemis_svl using the AmbiqSuite SDK.

It WORKED to restore the artemis_svl programmer for both Ambiq SDK making and Arduino loading.

Hope that helps someone...or me when I forget how I did it.
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum