SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Topics pertaining to the Arduino Core & software used with the Artemis module and Artemis development boards.
By Tyler Scripps
I have an Artemis blackboard and when I upload using the most recent board definitions I get an error:
Artemis SVL Bootloader
COM13 is currently open. Please close any other terminal programs that may be using COM13 and try again.

When I use old versions of the board definitions (like 1.0.2) I don't get this error, instead I get this message:
Connecting over serial port COM13...
No announcement from Artemis bootloader

But the program doesn't get uploaded

At some point I did manage to get the serial example uploaded but now I don't seem to be able to upload anything.
By El_Duderino
Hi Tyler,

If you have a BlackBoard, it might be an issue related to an older version of the bootloader. Try selecting the "Ambiq Secure Bootloader" and retry uploading. That should resolve the "COM is currently open." error.
By RivetPanda
I'm running into a similar problem and switching to the other bootloader didn't help. I just got an Artemis Nano and I can't upload Example1_Blink because of a very similar error:
Sketch uses 7396 bytes (0%) of program storage space. Maximum is 960000 bytes.

Artemis SVL Bootloader
COM3 is currently open. Please close any other terminal programs that may be using COM3 and try again.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Arduino 1.8.8, and SparkFun Apollo3 1.0.17.
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum