SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By lyndon
Why do you want to parallel it? If you need more current, simpler to use something rated for that higher current.
By johnyradio
That's also an option. I'm looking at all factors, including price, size, parts count, and so forth.

From a technical viewpoint, I'd like to know if paralleling the TB6612FNG works without issue.

Grateful for technical info.

Thx!
By lyndon
It will probably work based on my memory of the chip. Googling reveals that few people have done it.
By johnyradio
Thx. I need to run at least 2A, at least 100 kHz. This chip can do that, if it can run parallel.

I haven't found anything else with similar specs for a similar price. Suggestions welcomed!

Cheers
By jremington
I haven't found anything else with similar specs for a similar price
Forego that extra cup of cappuccino tomorrow and splurge!

Treat yourself to a slightly higher priced motor driver that can handle 2.6 Amperes (5 A peak) without any hassle at all: https://www.pololu.com/product/2997
By johnyradio
jremington wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:42 pm Treat yourself to a slightly higher priced motor driver that can handle 2.6 Amperes (5 A peak) without any hassle at all: https://www.pololu.com/product/2997
That TB9051FTG chip only goes up to 20 kHz. I need 100 khz or higher.

I don't need 2.6A. 2A is enough.

Also, if a paralleled TB6612FNG gives me what I need, buying a more expensive product isn't "splurging", it's wasting money for no benefit.
By jremington
These sites say the TB6612 can be paralleled. Is that true?
Who knows? The professional motor driver engineers don't hang around on the hobby forums.
if a paralleled TB6612FNG gives me what I need
Let us know if it actually works.
I need 100 khz or higher
Well, of course you do!
By johnyradio
jremington wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:12 pm
I need 100 khz or higher
Well, of course you do!
I did mention my frequency requirement above.

Not necessarily important, because this thread isn't asking for chip recommendations.

This thread is asking how to parallel the TB6612FNG. If you don't know, that's ok! Maybe someone else does.