SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

For the discussion of Arduino related topics.
By derbecrux
Hello!
I've recently been working with an RFID breakout board and the ID20-LA with my Arduino. I am using the code provided from the website but for some reason when I try to pull the serial from the card I am using the code reads

Unrecognized Card! ŸŸŸŸŸŸŸŸŸŸŸŸŸŸŸŸ (the Y's are lowercase though)

This leads me to believe that the information just isn't being transferred back to the Arduino correctly. Any idea as to why this would be happening?

Also, I need a voltage to be put out of my DIGI9 pin on the Arduino, how would I do this when the card that is read is an accepted card?
(more of a code question)

Thank You all!
By paulvha
worked on a number of RFID projects in the past. Reading the data-sheet, the ID20-LA is very simple and straight forward. The data from the ID20-LA seems to be getting corrupted / not recognized. That could be the output format: For ASCII output, pin 7 of the ID20-LA MUST be connected to pin 1 (ground) and/or the serial is not set to 9600 baud. Make sure your power supply is strong enough to handle Arduino and reader. Check that your pin 9 from the ID20-LA is connected stable to the Arduino. Can you check ?

For setting voltage to digi9, rework the led-example from Bildr (in the documentation tab at ID20-LA.
By derbecrux
The Bildr code always comes back with errors when I try to work it out. And it has yet to work.
By Omgitskillah
Hi,
I think you need to double check the connections and make sure they are right and not loose.
If that test passes, try different code like paulvha suggested.

All the best.