SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By dbronk
Hello...

I'm pertty new at this and have searched but I haven't found anything that makes me feel good about how to do this with A/C instead of D/C.

I'm building a small walkway/bridge out of wood about 6 inches off the ground for Halloween trick or treaters. They will need to walk over it to get their treat. I will have a small 1 foot by 1 foot cut outs in the walkway with 1/4" plexiglass so they can see through. I'll have scary mask/bones/etc. I want setup a pressure pad a couple feet before the cutouts so that when they step on them lights from the underneath the cutou will turn on and sounds/buzzers/etc. will also come on.

I want to do this safely and plan on using A/C for the lights. Can someone help or list SparkFun products I need. I'm certain I can figure out the pressure pad for the lights to come on, but not certain I will do it safely. I have no idea what I need for the sound to come on at the same time.

Thanks,
Dale