SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By ppelleti
I'm just curious if anyone else out there is using Mercury API (especially the C version of it) with the Simultaneous RFID Reader.

I've mostly gotten it to work, although I've run into a few issues and bugs. At the moment, I'm trying to better understand the TMR_TAGOP_GEN2_READDATA tagop, and especially what happens when you set the flags like TMR_GEN2_BANK_TID_ENABLED and TMR_GEN2_BANK_USER_ENABLED in the bank. In experimenting with these flags, I've managed to get into an infinite loop in TMR_SR_parseMetadataFromMessage.

Also, I've only been able to get Mercury API working on Linux. On Mac OS X, it seems to hang when opening the serial port.

But just in general, I'm curious if anyone else is using Mercury API, so we can help each other out in figuring some of these things out.
By ppelleti
I figured out why it wasn't working on Mac OS X. I was using the device that starts with "/dev/tty.", and it's necessary to use the device that starts with "/dev/cu.". Now I've got Mercury API working successfully on Mac OS X, as well as Linux.
By jvidalgz
I was able to run the mercury api on a x64 machine (Linux Mint Debian) using the java version of the api. And the example code works very well.

But I can't using this api on a raspberry pi board since it has ARM architecture. Any idea how to use the api on a raspberry pi board?

J.
By ppelleti
jvidalgz wrote:But I can't using this api on a raspberry pi board since it has ARM architecture. Any idea how to use the api on a raspberry pi board?
I've been using the C version of the API on Raspberry Pi, and it works fine. I can't speak to the Java version, though. What sort of errors do you run into when trying to use the Java version on RPi?