SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By Dellking
I want to build a small follow me robot. 4 wheel type that can track me and avoid surroundings. What are the components recommended for it? Such as motors, relays, GPS system, sensors, and software and hardware boards?
By Valen
Begin first with coming up with ideas how it should perceive you. By what method should it be able to track you? And not confuse you with a street light for instance.

It's your project. We are not going to invent it for you.
By Dellking
Yes, Thank you for reply. I just wanted recommendations on the products not the idea itself. Like I said there are so many products out there for sale am I am novice when it comes to this hardware. any recommendations on good motors or relays, hardware boards?
By Valen
That is the wrong order in your decision process. You should not be buying a horse before you know what it should carry, or what is on the cart that it is supposed to pull. Start with your payload, the thing it must do. From that follows how much processing power it needs, how much power/batteries are needed, how much weight that sums up to and finally how beefy those motors should be to keep up with your pace. Buying Shetland ponies won't help if you actually needed a tough work horse. (No disrespect meant to Shetlands)
By jremington
As far as I am aware, there are no products that track an individual person.

What will be the dimensions and weight of your robot?
By Dellking
Thanks for the input guys really helps with the sketch up of the project. most like going to try to keep it under 15lbs with the ability to carry a 50lbs payload. I will see what I can come up with an update you on my first prototype.