SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By chipmc
This question was prompted by the new MLX90393 Magnetometer but it is generally true of Sparkfun's sensor breakout boards.

I understand and applaud this new set of offerings from Sparkfun. I look forward to seeing what comes next.

This is a general comment and perhaps a call for some help. I am looking for sensors which can be used in real world - battery powered - uses. The libraries and sketches provided seem to be focused on a minimally viable product approach but they almost never take advantage of one of the key features on these devices - the ability to set and trigger an interrupt. The hardware folks almost always provide access to the interrupt pin on the breakout but the software folks almost always ignore it. Why? Interrupts enable the development of power efficient solutions where the controller can “wake” when the reading changes by more than a certain amount.

I guess the help part is to understand what would be required to add interrupt capabilities to these libraries? Since so few of the provided libraries have interrupt support, there are very few examples.

Thanks, Chip