SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

For the discussion of Arduino related topics.
By jimbooth97
Hi all,

I have the sparkfun red board (uno) and the esp8266 shield. I have gotten the wifi shield and the red board to connect to the internet successfully, and I have gotten the redboard (uno) and a sparkfun ADM1602k 16x2 LCD with adafruit sensor to work. However, I can't seem to combine the WIFI, LCD, and sensor in one project and code to make it work. I feel very sure the code is good, but I am suspecting there is a incompatibility with the pins or serial ports i am using.

I am using pin 2,3,4,6,11, 12 and A4 (as well as power and grounds) for the LCD. I should probably mention i am also using A5 for the barometric pressure/Temp sensor.

I have the WIFI switch to SW ( i suppose it is using 9RX and 8TX.

Anyone see any issues with this? Since the LCD and sensor work fine with the redboard (with the wifi 8266 removed) and the wifi works fine on the shield with the lCD and sensor removed, i have to think there is an issue with the maybe a serial port.

Actually, the LCD and sensor do work, but the wifi fails to get an IP address with they are combined. I get no errors when I compile, except to say the memory is low.. about 85% is used if I recall. There are only 300+ lines of code, so i have to believe it is the libraries that are taking all the memory. Thoughts?

Included lib:
#include <LiquidCrystal.h>
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
#include <SparkFunESP8266WiFi.h>
#include <Wire.h>
#include <Adafruit_Sensor.h>
#include <Adafruit_BMP085_U.h>

Message after compiling:
sketch uses 20,060 bytes (62%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.
Global variables use 1,741 bytes (85%) of dynamic memory, leaving 307 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.
Low memory available, stability problems may occur.

Simply pulling the LCD off the breadboard (with all wires hooked up), recompiling, and i get a valid IP address from my wireless access point.

I apologize in advance, this is my first post, and i am struggling a bit to even call things by their proper name.

Jim