SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By cdutz
Hi,

I am currently trying to access my SparkFun Block for Intel® Edison - 9 Degrees of Freedom from Java on my Intel Edison. I started writing my own code using the mraa I2c class and was able to communicate with the accelerometer. Unfortunately the Gyro seems to be unresponsive. I hooked up my logic analyzer and started having a deeper look at what's going on. Now I could see the request going out to the accelerometer and the response sent back, but for the second "Who Am I" to the gyro I couldn't see anything going over the wire. I would have expected at least the read request to go out but getting a NAC back.

After a while I wrote a little program, that simply tries to read the "Who Am I" register from every address starting from 0 going up to 200 (decimal) (the gyro should be 107). Now on my logic analyzer I can see the accelerometer responding and even my sound-chip. But the requests stop at 3F so it seems as if I can only use 6 bit addresses. Unfortunately I would need 7 for the gyro.

What am I doing wrong?

Chris