SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By leon_heller
I urgently need some dimensional information for a compass module, and have emailed SFE, PM'd them, and posted messages on this forum, without any response! The same thing happened a few months ago and I just gave up. Has anyone else had this problem, or is it just me?

Leon
By seulater
seems just a bit of bad luck your having, i ahve never had any trouble like that.
By reklipz
I noticed your thread was stickied, maybe their looking into it?
By phalanx
reklipz wrote:I noticed your thread was stickied, maybe their looking into it?
That was my doing to keep it visible should the SFE crew browse the forum.

-Bill
By leon_heller
phalanx wrote:
reklipz wrote:I noticed your thread was stickied, maybe their looking into it?
That was my doing to keep it visible should the SFE crew browse the forum.

-Bill
I've just sent them another four emails about the data I need - sales, support etc. One of them should get through to someone!

Leon
By phalanx
leon_heller wrote:I've just sent them another four emails about the data I need - sales, support etc. One of them should get through to someone!

Leon
Nothing bounces back to your mail account? Like seulater, I've never gone longer than a day or two without a response from SFE.

-Bill
By leon_heller
phalanx wrote:
leon_heller wrote:I've just sent them another four emails about the data I need - sales, support etc. One of them should get through to someone!

Leon
Nothing bounces back to your mail account? Like seulater, I've never gone longer than a day or two without a response from SFE.

-Bill
No, nothing bounced. I had the same problem a few months ago with another product I purchased from them.

I've just received an apologetic response to the emails I've flooded them with today; they can't supply the information I need, only one person seems able to do it and he is too busy! They must be using rather crappy PCB software, the Pulsonix software I use would give those dimensions I need within a few seconds.

Leon
By phalanx
leon_heller wrote:They must be using rather crappy PCB software, the Pulsonix software I use would give those dimensions I need within a few seconds.
They use Protel.

-Bill
By leon_heller
phalanx wrote:
leon_heller wrote:They must be using rather crappy PCB software, the Pulsonix software I use would give those dimensions I need within a few seconds.
They use Protel.

-Bill
I've just heard from Nathan, it'll take 3-5 days to get that dimension information for me, they'll be doing the same for their other products.

If they are using Protel, I suppose that explains the delay.

Leon
By sparky
Hi Leon,

I see 4 emails from you in the general email box:
9:54am
9:56am
9:58am
10:08am

From today, the 6th. We're moving as fast as we can.

To answer your question, we have very few dimensional drawings and we don't have the ability to generate them as easy as you would like. It's about a 45 minute process for each item from layout, PDF generation, upload, site link generation, testing. Unfortunately we keep getting side tracked because of customer emails. Ahem.

Also, our designs are very fluid and formats change. If you have a product that you need >50pcs of, please contact us and we'd be happy to help lock in a design for you.

The HMC breakout is shrinking in size and the labels are changing a bit.

The MiRF is very stable and we'd be happy to generate a drawing for you. Please send a request in to spark at sparkfun.com and we'll get it posted as soon as possible.

Sorry for the terse response but we are all a bit stressed due to massive increase in traffic and orders as students have started back at school.

-Nathan
By leon_heller
I sent an email and PM a few days ago, and posted to this forum. That's why I was getting annoyed.

When I got the data from David it just took me a few minutes with Pulsonix to create my footprint and fully dimension it. I've just sent him a PDF of it.

Leon