SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

By drob63
Hello and Thanks for any help you all may have. I am a total beginner so forgive me if this question is totally crazy. I have a corded power drill that I would like to be able to control with my raspberry pi. As you know power drills have a trigger that I assume is some type of potentiometer. If it is a potentiometer I would like to replace it with a digital one. Is this possible? If so, what kind of potentiometer should I purchase. The drill is not cordless by the way.

Thanks!!!
By lyndon
drob63 wrote:Hello and Thanks for any help you all may have. I am a total beginner so forgive me if this question is totally crazy. I have a corded power drill that I would like to be able to control with my raspberry pi. As you know power drills have a trigger that I assume is some type of potentiometer. If it is a potentiometer I would like to replace it with a digital one. Is this possible? If so, what kind of potentiometer should I purchase. The drill is not cordless by the way.

Thanks!!!
Assume nothing!
Why assume? Why do you think we would know? You own the drill: open it up and find out then you can ask better questions.