SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

By joecarb
Hi all,

As we all know, the dent n' dings scrap boards are a lot of fun to order but occasionally we get a bunch of boards that are not particularly useful. Would anyone be interesting in trying to convince Sparkfun to make a subsection dedicated for users who want to trade their scrap boards? I have a bunch of MP3 player Arduino Shields for example, I have no intention of populating every single one of them and would be interested in trading.
By taylor123
i think many people have the same problem, and if Sparkfun to make a subsection dedicated for users who want to trade their scrap boards, it is a good idea for the people who want to trading the scrap boards.
By Ross Robotics
Well, on other boards, we use a 'pot'. Someone puts in something in the pot and anyone who wants it has to put something back into the pot. Whatever in the pot is free but whoever has the item, has to pay for shipping out. Then the person who gets that item has to pay for shipping out whenever someone wants his and so on.. We're only talking about a few bucks at most.. Over seas shipping probably isn't practical..

I also have some boards that I have that I will never use.

Microview without case - Had a cap that didn't reflow right, but I fixed it.
2x Edison Console blocks - Don't see anything wrong with them.. Fully populated
RK45 MagJack - The RJ45 connecter wasn't soldered right, but all pins are connected
Makey Mate Bluetooth - Untested..