SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By fusedlightning
Sparkfun,

I was really excited to see that Sparkfun now offers a larger range of FPGA products (Mojo and Papilio), and I myself recently ordered and received the Mojo v3!

There seems to be a lot of question and confusion in the parts comments right now, particularly with the Mojo. Because of this, I was wondering if there would be any chance of opening a small forum section up for specific FPGA questions. This might provide a better outlet for questions, as well as allow experienced users to provide support and tutorials.

Thank you!

-Glenn
By sgrace
I agree.

If Sparkfun wants to teach people more about electronics, this should be strongly considered. I did provide a Lunch & Learn to SFE on FPGAs back in December here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0qOAnl4VvQ

I also wrote a tutorial that should be up most any day now. I really want to continue to teach people the power and flexibility of the FPGA by doing a series of tutorials, but it's hard to justify it (since I am a practicing engineer with very little free time to do things like this) when I see very little interest in it. Out of the IRC channel, there might be between 5-10 people who want to see it, and with that, it really isn't justifiable.

So, spread the word. Let's get to learning FPGAs!
By phalanx
My apologies for not seeing this topic until sgrace's post. I added an FPGA forum under the Technical Discussions category for all things related to programmable logic.

-Bill