SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By Chevelle
Hi. I am a long time, gray haired engineer but relatively new to the hobbyist community for Arduinos and microcontrollers. What fun! I must say!

Anyway, I am also an avid model airplane designer, builder and flier. There are many very popular sites and forums in that community as well. One of the most popular features of those sites are the "Build Threads." This is where someone starts a project, either a kit or scratch build, and posts progress along with pictures of each step in the project. It usually culminates in a post with a video of the maiden flight. This is a great way for experience builders to show newer builders the important details about building. Even experienced builders learn something from the comments and suggestions that are shared.

How about an area of the forum dedicated to "Project Threads" where we can start a thread about our latest project? (I realize that there is nothing stopping anyone from starting such threads but it would be nice to have them all in one area.) I think it would be a great addition to an already great company and forum.

Chevelle
By Ross Robotics
Think that would be a good addition as well.
By canuckotter
I was about to post basically the same suggestion! My inspiration was the printrbottalk.com forum section called Showcase!, which is primarily geared to completed projects... I prefer Chevelle's suggestion. :-)