SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By phill104
My PCB passed the check and indicated a price of 2.50 each .
But when trying to order it say 40,000.00 each.
What am I doing wrong ?
Thanks
Phil
By Ross Robotics
How would we know?
By leon_heller
phill104 wrote:My PCB passed the check and indicated a price of 2.50 each .
But when trying to order it say 40,000.00 each.
What am I doing wrong ?
Thanks
Phil
Ordering from BatchPCB is probably what you are doing wrong. Try another supplier.
By phill104
Gerber files submitted in mm were priced in inches
By phill104
:clap: Solved ! Submitted to different provider - accepted - very good price. Done
By Ross Robotics
I think BatchPCB is not going to fix there site. It's been months without any improvement.

Curious, who did you go with?
By macegr
That's what happens...someone blazes the trail, and offers what no one else does at the time (BatchPCB). They prove that it's a viable business approach, then over time more competitors enter the same market. At some point you have to decide whether you want to put a lot of effort into competition, or (as it was with SparkFun) recognize it's not the primary business and let your competition fill in the gaps.

SparkFun is good at a lot of other things, and they know their customers won't be left hanging since lots of great PCB services are out there now. I got great boards out of BatchPCB for a while, back when it was hard to find PCB suppliers for small prototype boards. It's entirely possible that we still wouldn't have good batched panel services now if SparkFun hadn't paved the way.