SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have a good idea for a new product for SFE or Olimex? Let us know!
By n1ist
That module does not have suitable spacing between the high and low voltage sides; I would avoid it.
/mike
By draco87
n1ist wrote:That module does not have suitable spacing between the high and low voltage sides; I would avoid it.
/mike
Even more reason for SparkFun to create a better product that has this functionality.
By wiml
The PowerSwitchTail people have some products along those lines. (Annoyingly, it looks like you need to buy the zero-crossing detector and the SSR switch as separate "tail"s? Whose idea was that?) Maybe SF could carry them.
By draco87
wiml wrote:The PowerSwitchTail people have some products along those lines. (Annoyingly, it looks like you need to buy the zero-crossing detector and the SSR switch as separate "tail"s? Whose idea was that?) Maybe SF could carry them.
I would much prefer an embeddable version like the link I posted.
By draco87
The modules from inmojo seem to rarely be in stock and their safety has been called into question by one of the previous posts:
n1ist wrote:That module does not have suitable spacing between the high and low voltage sides; I would avoid it.
By MichaelN
They provide the schematic, and the design is open source, so why not whip up a PCB yourself with the safety issues resolved? Should be really quick (if you're familiar with PCB CAD tools), and for $10 at Itead or Seeed you can get 10 PCBs made.