SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By Ferny
Hi all,
I have a custom library in Eagle 5.X, but I tried to use it in Eagle 6.X and it does not work (I get an error when I try to load it). Is there any way to convert this library to an Eagle 6.X compatible format so that I can use it?
Thanks
By Pulsar
Can you post the error you're getting?
Eagle 5 libraries should open just fine in Eagle 6. When you save the library, it will automatically be converted to an Eagle 6 library (in XML format).

Maybe your library file is corrupted in some way? Are you sure it opens in Eagle 5? If so, maybe try opening it in Eagle 5, saving it to a new library, then trying to open that new library in Eagle 6.
By Ferny
Hi,

The default libraries of Eagle open without problems in 6.X, it's just my library which does not open in Eagle 6.X :?
I created it with 5.X and works fine in that version. I tried to save it again to a new file but I get the same error ("error 292")
I attach the library for reference in case that anyone likes to test it.

Thank you!
Fernando
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By dmsherazi
As far as i think its because you are using a hacked/cracked version of eagle6.x.. try this, install a trial version of Eagle 6.x in some other destination and check if the problem goes off!

Regards