SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Tips and questions relating to the GPS modules from SFE
By mick8127
Hi,

I am looking to integrate GPS in to the AR.Drone Quadrocopter and with the U-Blox NEO-6P with PPP I thought I had found the ideal solution. As this is a one-off build then I am finding all but impossible to source this product. I intend to fuze the GPS data with that from the inbuilt IMU to give sub 20cm accuracy over a 15 min flight using a number of data fusion algorithms implemented in the open source software.

Does anyone know of an alternative to the NEO-6P that meets the following requirements but is readily available in the UK (in theory a development board would be better and easier to integrate but must be small and light):

Small size, low power but sub 1m accuracy. UART and or USB connectivity. SBAS with PPP preferably. I can add an active external patch antenna.

Grateful for any help.

Mick
By mick8127
Unfortunately, these products are outside of my price range. I was looking to build my own board with USB.

Thanks for the reply, I am now looking for another SBAS alternative as I cannot source the 6P.

Mick
By mbavaro77
"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened."

Good luck,
Michele