SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By mdshah82
Is there any plan to sell the Raspberry Pi on Sparkfun? It would be really great for US consumers like me.
By bgracia
I third that!

How about a DotNet MF port to this controller also.

Thanks.
Brian
By ds18s20
After a terrible release and choosing the 2 worst distributors on earth I think our best bet is to wait about a month for the Chinese to clone it and then we can get it on DX for the same price and "humanly normal" shipping.. LOL
By leon_heller
What's wrong with RS and Farnell? I use them all the time, and get free next day delivery of my orders without any problems. I am in the UK, which helps.
By AndyC_772
I'll second that; Farnell is my 1st choice for urgently needed components, and 90%+ of my orders arrive the next day even when I've ordered late and chosen free delivery.
By stevech
The response I received from the Raspberry Pi folks is- wait a month or so.
By ds18s20
AndyC_772 wrote:I'll second that; Farnell is my 1st choice for urgently needed components, and 90%+ of my orders arrive the next day even when I've ordered late and chosen free delivery.
Allow me to respond with a picture, hopefully worth a thousand words. Their shipping mark up is horrible. Spark Fun will laugh at shipping a $2 component and charging you almost $9

By leon_heller
They would have lost money on that order, so you aren't doing too badly. If you'd ordered 10 of them, the charge would probably be the same.
By stevech
That $9 seems fair enough to me given it was sent as 2 Day air.
By UNTEngineer
Cant wait to get mine. 71 day lead time seems extreme.