SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By wholder
After several years of saying I'm going to try but then chickening out, I finally signed up for the 2012 AVC and plan to build a ground vehicle. So, now that I've probably bitten off more than I can chew, I'm looking for advice and wondering if anyone has, or is willing to share some with a new guy like me. I'm particularly interested to know if anyone has taken the bold step of sharing their past designs because I'm hoping I can learn a lot by studying what has worked and what has not worked so well. I'm fairly well versed with electronics and have worked with GPS modules, accelerometers, etc., but I only have moderate experience with servos and DC motor control. And, even less experience putting all these pieces together in a way that will get a vehicle to drive from one waypoint to the next. So, is anyone up for sharing, or passing along any advice?

Wayne
By TeslaFan
This is my first ACV as well, I have decades of experience with electronics, programming, and manufacturing, but no real robotics experience... so if you want to watch me flounder on my blog, you're welcome to! It's at www.roboticcore.com I plan on fully documenting the entire process of designing, testing, and building the robot in true open source fashion.

The robot I plan to enter is called the "T1", and it's pretty ambitious. I know I'm biting off at least as much as I can chew, Probably more!