SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

For the discussion of Arduino related topics.
By Dunkirk
I ordered a relayduino and an ethernet shield, and expected, based on the whole "shield compatible" thing, that they would work together. Turns out that the relayduino was built and tested with at least a pre-v5 ethernet shield. They've changed some things in the latest shields. Specifically, and at Ocean Controls* direction, I had to wire some pins on the ICSP header to the header pins on the shield itself. Although the shield will now take an IP address and respond to ping, it still doesn't communicate at, say, the HTTP protocol level.

Anyway, the point is that I think that I would be in good shape if I could just get hold of a v4 shield. However, in the limited places I can find ethernet shields, they usually don't make an indication as to which version they're selling, and I have to assume (since it IS pretty old now) that it's the latest. Does anyone know where I can order older versions of the ethernet shield?

* Just for the record, Ocean Controls support has been FANTASTIC. I'm not blaming them at all. (There's a serious delay in communicating with them when they're literally on the other side of the world, but that's a different story.)