SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By thisisjaye
Hey, I have used many different leds and there are still soo many more out there. I was wondering if any one has stumbled across a board that has many differnt Leds wired up showcasing their capabilitis with a product number label under them. I'm sure no one is giving them away but it would make finding the right led for the job much eaiser and I for one would be willing to pay for that.
By phalanx
I haven't seen anything like that and I would imagine it would be difficult to do because of the sheer number of options that are available. Is there anything specific you are looking for or is this more of a food for thought type of suggestion?

-Bill
By phalanx
And for LEDs, go big or go home! 50 cool while and 50 royal blue Luxeon Rebels! It's a fixture I'm working on for a friend of mine's salt water fish tank.

-Bill
By colinb
A colleague at work showed me a Kingbright evaluation board, but I can't find it listed online. It had at least 0.5 W and 1 W LEDs in white, red, blue, etc.

This might be the kind of thing you're looking for as well: High Brightness LED Demo Board
By thisisjaye
I was initialy just wanting some referance while ording leds but now I have a project where I'm looking for an array of leds to produce somewhere between 800 and 1000 lum. And have the effect of a flood light. I'm trying to backlight a 4" iris form only 5" away. Any thoughts?