SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By phalanx
For people that make mistakes, typically yes. For obvious spammers, no.

-Bill
By UNTEngineer
Hello,

New user here...just wanted to get a plea out there for my posts to get approved. I want to start taking part in the forum as soon as I can. Gotta get some experience under my belt before I graduate.

Last edited by UNTEngineer on Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By phalanx
UNTEngineer wrote:Hello,

New user here...just wanted to get a plea out there for my posts to get approved. I want to start taking part in the forum as soon as I can. Gotta get some experience under my belt before I graduate.

For future reference, posts like this will increase the odds of having all your posts rejected. They do nothing but clutter up the moderation queue and create more work for the administrators and myself.

-Bill
By UNTEngineer
I've got a suggestion. Why not tie the forum registration to the main website. When someone makes some purchases on the website, then the forum should automatically remove the moderation hold on their forum account. I think if someone is going to buy something through the website, they should at least get the opportunity to post on the site's forum without having to deal with moderation holds...its less for the admins to have to deal with anyways...
By nuclear_pulse
[quote="fll-freak"]Edit buttons normaly only have a finite life. They also disappear as soon as somebody else posts. This prevents revisionary history. Not sure what parameters SFE has set up, but I suspect something like the above.[/quote]

Ahh...another reason not to use web-browser based BBS's. Not to mention that they are very easy to collect our personal behavior information. The 'Net is becoming a quite dangerous (wrt our civil liberties) place to hang out.

nuclear_pulse
By jannypan
That's what I do with the Yahoo groups I run. Spam is negligible. I only moderate the first post, though.